Palantir is a software company that builds the world's leading software for data-driven operations and decision-making. More than 2500 Palantir employees work in offices around the globe, including in Denver, Palo Alto, Washington D.C., New York, London, Paris, Sydney, Tokyo, and Abu Dhabi.
Palantir was founded in 2004 by three software engineers and a philosopher to help intelligence agencies make better use of data while preserving privacy and civil liberties. Our first product was Palantir Gotham, a platform that helps users find bad actors hiding in complex networks, such as terrorist cells, trafficking rings, and money laundering schemes. Our early success in government led us to work with commercial companies, international governments, and nonprofits. In 2014, we introduced Palantir Foundry, a platform that brings organizations together around data to transform how they operate.
Today, our partnerships power critical operations for defense and civilian government agencies worldwide and commercial companies in dozens of industries. We also donate our software and services to select nonprofits dedicated to improving human lives.
We develop long-term partnerships with organizations, working together to help them realize the value in their data. Unlike other Silicon Valley companies that try to “disrupt” established industries, we help the institutions that power our economy become more modern and data-driven. We believe that the most effective transformation starts with humans, and our approach is built around empowering them. Together with our customers, we seek out the most important problems, find the people responsible for solving them, and arm them with our technology. The results speak for themselves:
- Manufacturers are connecting local decisions with global ones, from the factory floor to the C-suite.
- Healthcare institutions are accelerating the rate of scientific discovery.
- Banks are growing business while minimizing risks.
- Defense organizations are bringing intelligence to the tactical edge.
- Complex multinationals are optimizing global logistics and boosting customer satisfaction.
- Law enforcement agencies are bolstering security without compromising on data protection.
- Traditional media organizations are staying ahead of disruptive change in their industry.